May 30 2016 onwards
36. Acknowledgment of service and consequence of not filing an acknowledgment of service
(1) A defendant must file and, at the same time, serve a copy of the acknowledgment of service on the claimant and every other party in accordance with
(2) A defendant must file an acknowledgment of service even if he is unable to file a defence within the period specified in
or he wishes to dispute the Court's jurisdiction.
(3) If a defendant fails to file an acknowledgment of service within the period specified in
, the claimant may obtain default judgment if
allows him to do so.
(4) If the claim was issued under the
procedure, the defendant may attend the hearing of the claim but may not take part in the hearing unless the Court gives permission.