ADGM COURTS, CIVIL EVIDENCE, JUDGMENTS, ENFORCEMENT AND JUDICIAL APPOINTMENTS REGULATIONS AMENDMENT NO 1 OF 2018
Date of Enactment: 18 December 2018
The Board of Directors of the Abu Dhabi Global Market, in exercise of its powers under Article 6(1) of Law No. 4 of 2013 concerning the Abu Dhabi Global Market issued by His Highness the Ruler of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, hereby enacts the following Regulations —
Amendments to ADGM Courts, Civil Evidence, Judgments, Enforcement and Judicial Appointments Regulations 2015
The ADGM Courts, Civil Evidence, Judgments, Enforcement and Judicial Appointments Regulations 2015 are amended as follows:
(1) A new section 96(1) shall be inserted as follows:
"The Courts have jurisdiction, on application or on their own motion, to deal with matters relating to contempt."
(2) Sections 96(1) and 96(2) shall be renumbered 96(2) and 96(3).
(3) The word “or” at the end of the renumbered section 96(2)(a) shall be deleted.
(4) The word “or” shall be inserted at the end of the renumbered section 96(2)(b).
(5) A new sub section 96(2)(c) shall be inserted as follows:
"is otherwise in contempt of court."
(6) Renumbered section 96(3) shall be amended so that it reads as below:
"(3) In any such case the Court may, if it thinks fit:
(a) impose on him a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard fine scale;
(b) refer the matter to the Attorney General of Abu Dhabi; or
(c) make such other order as it considers necessary to achieve the ends of justice."
(7) In section 225(4), the word "in", shall be deleted.
(8) In section 225(8) the letter "a" before Court, shall be deleted.